Promoting Sustainable Tourism
Been to Venice?
The main section that we use to model our rating system at this time is that of Venice attractions
. So if you've been to Venice at least once. Please take a few minutes
to rate and mark places you've visited there.
Although tourism can feel rewarding for travelers and business owners, overtourism has become a major problem for local people in many places around the world.
Our goal at Goparoo is to create a destination and local discovery guide that can help dissipate some of the overtourism pressure points.
To help us achieve we aim to:
- Constantly improve our ratings algorithm and tourism level markers to help you find great and more "off the beaten path" places.
- An interesting multi-level geo-categorization of places that you can zoom in and out of.
- Provide an ad-free experience for those who sign up and participate in rating places.
- Provide good summaries of places to visit.
- Save places you mark as visited for your eyes and own benefit only.
Please note that we do not ask for anything more than a validation email (no access to personal info, friends list, etc.) when you sign up.
You are always unsubscribed by default to any mailing list.
We also value authentic experiences:
- Take it slow. Avoid organized tours that will bounce you from place to place.
- Try to learn some of the local's language.
- Be respectful and eco-responsible.
- Buy local in less touristic areas.
- Cut off from wifi and cellular network while visiting as most as possible.