Host to the annual Lobster Festival, Shediac, New Brunswick, is a beautiful little town situated along the Northumberland Strait. With lovely sandy beaches, and plenty of land activities, visitors to this area will find an assortment of interesting and fun things to do. Visitors will find the locals warm and inviting, despite the frosty winter temperatures. Whether the tourists are looking for golf, fishing, hiking, art, or shopping, this town offers an activity to satisfy all family members.
To get an idea of the activities available in Shediac, the following provides a small list:
1. Accessing the Northumberland Strait, visitors will find the Pointe du Chene Wharf supplying fishing, sailing, or just whale watching opportunities to satisfy the water adventure they are seeking.
2. There are many miles of beautiful white sand beaches including Aboiteau Park, Parlee Beach, and Sandy Beach for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
3. For the seafood lovers, the annual Lobster Festival is a five-day long celebration featuring lobster eating contests, musicians, magicians, comedians, arts and crafts – and little could be more fun than a lobster parade!
4. Golfers and horseback riders will find plenty of opportunities in the area for golfing and riding.
5. Pointe du Chene Wharf has a variety of water activities; there is a variety of restaurants, many with live musicians and performers.
6. The Escaouette Theatre and Pays de la Sagouine provide the performing arts desired for the guests.
Visitors to Shediac will find a charming town with an abundance of activities available for all tastes and desires.