Called “the warm place by the river” by that Plains Cree tribe, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada is a great place for a vacation. With amazing out door activities, arts, crafts, and many other tourists attraction, this area draws visitors from all over the world to relax, gamble, or participate in dozens of exciting adventures.
When looking for one of the most interesting places for a vacation with an assortment of things to do Moose Jaw is an excellent choice offering the following things to do:
1. Moose Jaw River and Thunder Creek provide fishermen some of the best fishing for northern pike, perch, burbot, walleye, and a great variety of other species.
2. The 431 Snowbird Squadron provides great air shows throughout the year and is the only local military aviation squadron performing aerobatics to thrill and delight audiences.
3. For visitors wanting a rejuvenating spa providing healing pools and natural geothermically-heated waters, the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa is a great place to relax and revitalize the spirit.
4. The Saskatchewan Festival of Words is held in the summer and celebrates authors, poetry, and literature, complete with many activities for the family.
5. Boating activities include kayaking, canoeing, and swimming for those who love water activities.
6. A variety of museums offers some cultural experiences to round out the vacation and includes the Western Development Museum and the Sukanen Ship Pioneer Village and Museum.
For travelers who want an out-of-the-way vacation, Moose Jaw is a great place for outdoor activities and culture.