Another lovely city in New England for travels to visit is Bristol
. It has many claims to fame, but certainly being home to the sports king ESPN is one of the most popular – particular for sports fans, and at one time it was known as “Mum” city because it was one of the cities that produced more chrysanthemums than any other city, and is home to the “Mum Festival”.
There are many things to do around Bristol, and include some fun activities, such as:
- Lake Compounce is home to one of the best theme parks in New England, with great roller coasters, shows, and fun for the whole family.
- Everyone remembers how much fun it was to ride a pony on the carousel when they were little, and the New England Carousel Museum has the great collection of carousels and memorabilia in the country.
- People who love scary movies, monsters, and witches will be enthralled with the Witch’s Dungeon Classic Movie Museum that shows some of the best classic movie monsters ever shown.
- Travelers, who love old clocks and timepieces, will enjoy the American Clock and Watch Museum that is housed in the historic 1728 Barnes home, and focuses on clocks and watches through the centuries – it’s certainly a great place to spend some time.
- There are also a number of parks that are great for picnics, children’s playgrounds, and a lovely stroll.
These are some great things to do in Bristol, Connecticut.
There are no Bristol articles at this time. Bristol Overview
There are no Best of Bristol, Connecticut pictures at this time.