The USA is known for honoring it great men and women. Albert Einstein was a great scientist whose discoveries have helped modern scientific innovations. America honored him by having his memorial that has a bronze statue. The statue has Einstein seated with some manuscripts in his hand. The following are the highlights about the memorial:
• It was unveiled in April 22, 1979 during the National Academy of Sciences' annual meeting.
• Three equations of some of his important contributions to science are engraved on the bench where his statue seats.
• The figure is 12 feet in height.
• The statue's dais has over 2,700 metal studs embedded on it representing the astronomical features' locations in space.
Other notable inscriptions that immortalize Einstein's life include three quotes from him inscribed on the back of the bench. The quotes read as follows;
• 'As long as I have any choice in the matter, I shall live only in a country where civil liberty, tolerance, and equality of all citizens before the law prevail.'
• 'Joy and amazement of the beauty and grandeur of this world of which man can just form a faint notion.'
The statue's construction and design was a brainchild of two people - Robert Berks a sculptor and James Sweden a landscape architect who did the landscaping around the memorial. The statue has him holding a paper with mathematical equations.