On the Big Island’s western coastline lies the region of Kona, Hawaii
, and the town of Kailua-Kona, historically known as Hawaiian royalty’s favorite playground. There are numerous activities to tantalize the senses in this magnificent area from the waves of the Pacific to the Magic Sands Beach, shopping along Ali’i Drive, and virtually unlimited water activities. Every member of the family will fall in love with this beautiful area.
Kailua-Kona, offers more activities than is possible to participate in during a week’s vacation – so plan on numerous repeat trips to take part these activities:
1. Ali’i Drive is a long stretch where tourists will find sensational shopping and delectable dining in the Kona Village, Ali’i Gardens Marketplace, and many others along this seaside beachfront area.
2. Whale-watching, deep sea fishing, SCUBA Diving, Kayaking, swimming, boating, parasailing – if it can be done on the water, it is available to tourists in Kailua.
3. The Atlantis Submarine offers dives off the Kona coast down to 100’ for visitors to see magnificent fish and coral reefs. This is the most popular tour, so get reservations.
4. The King Kamehameha Hotel has the best traditional Hawaiian Luau on the island with traditional music, dancing, great food, and of course – poi.
5. For the golfers, choose any of the dozen golf courses nearby for challenging rounds of golf – not to mention, incredible scenery.
Tourists to Kona, will find there’s just not enough time in the day to do everything there is to do in this beautiful seaside village.