Designated as one of the most beautiful areas by the sea, Ogunquit, Maine, is an extremely popular resort town. The Abenaki tribe was the first to settle this area, which was later settled in the mid 1640’s by European settlers. The geography of this area includes some dangerous cliffs, a magnificent beach, and lovely area by the Ogunquit and Josias Rivers.
With plenty of outdoor activities, along with multiple places of interest in town, Ogunquit offers the following sites:
1. Fishing, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, and boating are all frequent activities that can be found around the harbor and beach areas of this village.
2. For those who love relaxing or frolicking along the soft sands, the beautiful Ogunquit beach offers visitors a lovely place to sit in the sun, build a sand castle, or read a great novel.
3. For people who enjoy spending their time in museums the Ogunquit Museum of American Art has a permanent collection of more than 1600 pieces of exclusively American artwork.
4. Golfers and tennis players will find courses and courts nearby for a great morning game along this scenic area.
5.Perkins Cove is a great place for visitors wanting a place to shop or a great place for a wonderful meal.
6. Skiing is available nearby throughout the winter months, and offers both downhill and cross country varieties.
For travelers heading to the northeast section of the United States, Ogunquit, Maine, is a great destination offering many outdoor activities that the entire family will be sure to enjoy.