A premier beach in Maine is the Old Orchard Beach, and it's considered to be one of the most beautiful seaside communities in New England. Vacationers from all over can enjoy the ocean, beach, and available activities in this wonderful area. An assortment of great places to stay helps the guest get a restful night's sleep before the excitement of the next day's great adventure.
Several activities are available in this spectacular Old Orchard Beach area that includes:
1. For many visitors, staying in a hotel is not their preference, and for these travelers, there are full-service RV parks and over 4000 camp sites near the beach for guests choosing a more 'outdoorsy' vacation.
2. The wide sandy beach stretches for seven miles and is great for those wanting an invigorating swim or to simply sit on the beach, get some sun, read a book, and relax.
3. A variety of golf courses, driving ranges, and miniature golf courses provide entertainment for visitors who enjoy golf.
4. For travelers who love being on the ocean there are kayak, canoe, and sailboat rentals available for the day.
5. Fishing enthusiasts will enjoy offshore and deep sea fishing provided by one of the many experienced captains providing daily charters.
6. There are several wildlife parks, nature refuges and reserves available for those visitors who enjoy being out in a natural setting enjoying the flora, fauna, and wildlife.
Certainly, Old Orchard Beach provides enough activities like shopping, dining, and adventures to provide every member of the family an enjoyable holiday.