'Take me out to the ball game' is a famous song that everyone will hear around Fenway Park when they go see the famous Boston's Red Sox play baseball. It's the oldest baseball stadium in America, and opened in 1912, and at nearly 100 years old, it's one of the most historic ball parks in the country. There's just nothing like going to a baseball game at this incredible stadium. Get the tickets for the game far in advance, because every game since 2003 has sold out!
However, it's not just baseball that people come to this great landmark for, take a look at some of the other activities that are held at this location, such as:
• Numerous other sporting events are held in this park that have been played by various teams including the Boston Redskins, Boston Braves, the New England Patriots, plus many field hockey, and soccer games.
• This field has been a fantastic venue for dozens of concerts over the years with such musicians as Jimmy Buffet, Ray Charles, Neil Diamond, and the Rolling Stones.
• It's also one of the great places for 4th of July fireworks and other celebrations.
• Be sure to find the famous 'Lone Red Seat' that officially marks Ted Williams record setting, longest home run hit that has ever been logged – officially 502'.
• It's also one of the great places where naturalization ceremonies are held.
On a trip to Boston, Fenway Park is a great place to visit.