Like many other towns and villages across Rhode Island, Pawtucket dates back to the time of the American Revolution and is home to one of the most famous cotton mills in New England, the Slater Mill. This city dates back to 1671 and is located where the falls of the Blackstone River tumble into Narragansett Bay, a beautiful setting for visitors to spend some time seeing the sights of the city.
There are a number of things to see and do around Pawtucket, such as:
- From knitting classes to line dancing, exercise classes to yoga classes, there are various classes offered at the recreation center and various places around town.
- For visitors lucky enough to be traveling through this great city at various times during the year, there are arts festivals, concerts, and other events that are held around the city, such as a Blues Band.
- The Stone Soup Festival, Dragon Boat Races, and Taiwan Festival are just some of the great activities that are held in this lovely little city that will be held on Sept 11 this year.
- Pops in the Park is a popular event that features a variety of bands throughout the year.
- Be sure to take a tour of the Slater Mill and learn about spinning cotton into yarn and how it is woven and sewn into beautiful fabrics and works of art.
Take a tour of Pawtucket, Rhode Island, and enjoy this charming city by the sea.