One of the most popular vacation spots in the country is Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, located near the magnificent Great Smoky Mountains. Historically, the name came from the iron forge that was constructed in the early 1820s, and combining the name of the forge with the nearby Little Pigeon River gave the town it’s name. The Cherokee Indians hunted around this area for centuries. With the magnificent Smoky Mountains nearby, this area offers tourist an assortment of activities for the whole family.
Some of the activities that are available to travelers in Pigeon Forge include:
1. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is one of the best in the country for hiking, backpacking, walking, picnicking, or camping. With the abundance of flora, fauna, and birds, travelers will have a very interesting time in these mountains.
2. The famed Dolly Parton opened Dollywood in 1986 and offers a variety of theme park rides, musical entertainment, performing artists, and much more to entertain and delight the whole family.
3. For guests who enjoy Gospel music, the Southern Gospel Museum and Hall of Fame contains artifacts, music, and memorabilia from all the artist who have been inducted into this hall of fame.
4. For the more adventurous individuals in the group, Flyaway Indoor Skydiving is a giant vertical wind tunnel that allows guest to experience the thrill of skydiving – but much closer to the ground!
5. Golfers will find a variety of nearby challenging golf courses.
For outdoorsy guests and adventurers, Pigeon Forge provides many fun activities for everyone.