An increasingly popular vacation destination is Angkor, Cambodia (Siem Reap region) which is the capital of Cambodia. Complete with historical architecture, and old world Chinese charm, it also boasts beautiful hotels, great restaurants, and it is identified by UNESCO as an historic site. From rice paddies to legendary temples, there are interesting possibilities for a unique vacation.
Angkor, Cambodia Siem Reap has a variety of activities and interesting places to see, such as:
1. Angkor Wat is one of the most impressive Hindu temples in the world with the five towers surrounding the symbolic Mount Meru tower in the center, and it is the final resting place of the relics of the Khmer Empire.
2. Most people wouldn’t think of building a museum dedicated to ordnance, but the Land Mine Museum is close by and houses an interesting collection of landmines.
3. For visitors who enjoy learning about the culture and history of the Khmer Empire including numerous seven galleries housing religious and historical artifacts.
4. Angkor Thom houses one of the most beautiful temples that was created in the mid-1100s.
5. One of the most popular destinations is the Angkor Archaeological Park with numerous ancient ruins, and magnificent grounds.
6. And everyone always wants to go shopping the Psar Chaa, Phsar Leu Thom Thmei, and Central Markets all offer a variety of souvenirs, jewelry, clothes, and other keepsakes.
When deciding on a different place for a vacation, Angkor, Cambodia Siem Reap offers a great variety of things to see and activities that are fun and interesting.