Located in the heart of the Caribbean is the lovely agricultural village of Stewart Town, Jamaica that is situated high in the Dry Harbor Mountains. Originally, during the war of 1812, these 50 acres were owned by James Stewart as a means of providing agricultural products and lumber for the new American colonies. Along with the beauty of the island, there are a number of very interesting buildings.
There are quite a number of activities in Stewart Town, Jamaica, that range from relaxing, to historical, to intriguing, to just really fun, such as:
1. One of the most unexpected sites in this lovely town is Stewart Castle, an actual stone castle that has the look of a centuries-old castle, and was built in the early 1800s.
2. Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Jamaican rum. Along with the famous Jamaican rum, there are several wineries in which the rum can be sampled.
3. For tourists who want a little adventure, a rafting trip up the Martha Brae River that ends in a beautiful clearing complete with waterfall, Reggae, and a great BBQ is a great way to spend an evening.
4. Golfers will find the local golf courses quite interesting and the Cinnamon Hills Golf Club near Montego Bay is quite the challenging course.
5. Boating, deep sea fishing, and SCUBA diving are all available in the beautiful blue Caribbean waters at Montego Bay.
In all Stewart Town, Jamaica, is an interesting and charming village with access to many activities and beautiful sites nearby.