Deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, is the breathtaking town of Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada. It’s an incredible vacation destination for the scenery, the various activities that are available in the area, shopping, dining, and for this historic value of this lovely town. For people wanting to just away from it all, this is an incredible place to accomplish this goal.
While in Fort Macleod there are a variety of interesting activities that travelers will enjoy, such as:
1. Built in 1874, it has been home to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Museum, which is only open from May to September, and contains memorabilia and artifacts from their amazing contributions to the history of Canada.
2. For travelers who love hockey, try to catch one of the Fort Macleod Mustang’s games.
3. For visitors who enjoy the arts, the Empress Theatre opened in 1912 and has been providing concerts, plays, and other performances ever since.
4. Every golfer has to find the most interesting and challenging courses, and this are has a small nine-hole course at the tree lined Oldman River.
5. A World Heritage Site, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump offers some amazing information about the buffalo, as well as camping in a Tipi, and opportunities to participate in a drumming circle.
6. For the nature lovers, the River Valley Wilderness Park is a haven for the abundant animals dominating the area as well as the beautiful plants and flowers.
For a great vacation in a spectacular area, visit Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada.