Caraquet, New Brunswick, Canada was originally settled by the Mi'kmaq some 4000 years ago, and the official settle later around 1760 by a merchant trader from France names Gabriel Giraud. Most of the early settlers were fishermen and fur traders, and it’s grown into a bustling city that tourist will find a delightful place to spend a vacation.
There are a lot of exciting activities that tourist can participate in and enjoy in Caraquet, and some of these include:
1. One of the most interesting attractions is the Village Historique Acadien which is a reproduction of the original settlement and includes some of the buildings, a school, the church, the grinding mill, a saloon, and a small store. There are many demonstrations and special events that will inform, delight, and entertain visitors.
2. Located at Chaleur Bay, the port here is a great place to arrange for a day’s trip of fishing or boating.
3. Rafting, kayaking, or canoeing along the Caraquet River is another great way for travelers to this town to spend the day.
4. The winter season find tourist busy skiing, sledding, ice skating, or snowboarding – whatever it takes to participate in a fun winter sport is available.
5. Music is a major part of the culture in this area and folklore songs are extremely popular, and the Le Bot' à Chansons show is very entertaining.
With a wide assortment of activities for travelers, Caraquet, New Brunswick, Canada provides a great vacation place that the entire family will enjoy.