With beautiful lagoons, forests, salt marshes, sand dunes and more Kouchibouguac
, New Brunswick
is home to a magnificent national park. It provides an abundance of activities for recreational activities on the water and around the forests; this area is popular for visitors of all ages. It is named after the Kouchibouguac River that flows into the Northumberland Strait and runs along the forest that provides the white pine trees used for sailing booms and masts.
Visitors to Kouchibouguac will find an assortment of activities that all members of the family will enjoy, such as:
1. Birdwatchers will find it is home to several of our avian friends, including the Piping Plover, which is on the endangered species list.
2. Nature lovers will enjoy a walk along the shores; and in particular the delightful grey and harbor seals found lounging along the beautiful sand dunes.
3. Visitors will the opportunity to spend the day on the waters canoeing, kayaking, fishing, sailing, or swimming.
4. The local forest has an abundance of hiking and walking trails through the magnificent white pines.
5. For those who love the outdoors, there are camping and RV grounds available with facilities to accommodate the traveler’s needs.
6. Bicyclers will have the opportunity to enjoy the numerous bicycle trails along the water and through the forests.
7. Kelly’s Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches around for sunbathing, relaxing, and enjoying a breathtaking view.
Visitors to Kouchibouguac will find plenty to entertain and delight the senses providing an abundance of activities for the whole family.