Located westward, along the beautiful Ottawa River is Gatineau
. Originally settled about 150 years ago, this lovely area is a popular attraction for a wide variety of activities, and is currently home to several federal offices for the government of Quebec. It has grown to over 240,000 citizens that have created an interesting place to visit.
There are numerous recreational outlets in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, that include the following:
1. There are numerous museums in the city, and the Canadian Museum of Civilization
contains one of the best displays of the indigenous culture in the area, and depicts a great history last 20,000 years of times gone by.
2. For the gamblers in the crowd, the Casino du Lac Leamy
is the largest establishment for gambling in the region, and it sits on a beautiful scenic precipice overlooking the Lac de la Carriere. It also has a 1000 seat theater providing concerts and plays.
3. Attending a hot air balloon festival is great fun for old and young alike, and annually during the Labor Day weekend festivals, these brightly colored gas-fired balloons are exciting and enjoyable to watch.
4. For travelers who love hiking and snowshoeing trails, the Lac Beauchamp Park is 245 acres providing a national preserve that birdwatchers and nature lovers will enjoy.
5. Fishermen will enjoy fishing in the Ottawa River, and boating enthusiasts will enjoy a scenic boat ride up the river.
There are many scenic places in Canada, and Gatineau, Quebec, Canada offers many interesting activities for travelers.