Located on the scenic St. Lawrence River is La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada , and dates back to the 1760s when Lord Malcom Fraser and Lord John Namie built their homes on the riverfront of the area. It became the place for the wealthy tourists to travel to for their vacation stays. Today, this lovely village is home to almost 9000 citizens and provides a quite lovely place for tourists to spend a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.
A number of activities are available to tourists in the La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada area, and includes such events as:
1. For visitors feeling lucky, the Charlevoix Casino, next to the famous Manoir Richelieu hotel, provides gamblers the opportunity to play poker, blackjack, roulette, and many other games of chance.
2. Golfers in the group will love the challenge of the historic Murray Bay Golf club, which boasts an exceptional 18-hole course that was built over 125 years ago. There are tennis courts available for the non-golfers.
3. The winter season is renowned for its 21 feet of snow; ideal for skiers who love cross-country or downhill skiing, toboggans, sledding, snowshoeing, or snowmobiling.
4. The Museum of Charlevoix depicts the culture and history of the area and includes numerous pieces of art, clothes, furnishings, and dolls of the indigenous people from the area.
5. There are great places for dining and shopping accommodating the tastes of the most discriminating visitor.
One of the loveliest places to visit in the far north is La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada, which has some great activities to keep their visitors entertained.