Founded and built by Fr. André in the 1920's, The St.Joseph Oratory is a very popular Catholic pilgrimage site devoted to St. Joseph. It is located on the north-western side of Mount Royal. It has a small church/chapel at it's lowest floor, a museum at an higher floor and an impressive contemporary church at it's top floor that is topped by a large, recognizable from miles away, dome.
Many hundred thousands of pilgrims from all over the world visit the St. Joseph Oratory every year.