With scenic hiking trails, excellent campgrounds, and many available activities, the Acadia National Park offers guess a refreshing place to spend their vacation days during the season. Offering a wide variety of activities to entertain any age, this park is a great place to get away from it all, relax, and rejuvenate the soul. Activities for the children and special events are available year around.
The Acadia National Park provides many things to do to help guests enjoy their holiday, including:
1. Beautiful, scenic hiking trails allowing the tourists to get close to nature and enjoy the inspiring flora and fauna.
2. A variety of outdoor campgrounds are available for those who prefer to spend all their time outdoors communing with nature.
3. The spectacular views of the fall foliage offer a myriad of photographic opportunities for the photographers wanting that 'perfect shot'.
4. This is a great place from September through November for birdwatchers to observe the hawk and falcon migration, and there are great vantage points to observe other species native to the area. They will find duck, eiders, and the magnificent Peregrine falcons in the springtime.
5. Winter guests can enjoy ice fishing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling in this gorgeous park.
6. The National Park Service Rangers provide programs to explore the natural and cultural history of the area, including cruises and guided mountain hikes.
The Acadia National Park in Maine offers a variety of educational, entertainment, camping, and just plain relaxing activities for vacation-bound travelers seeking a more unusual destination.