The leeward side of Saco Bay is home to a very popular vacation destination – Old Orchard, Maine. It’s a great place to spend a holiday because of all the activities that are available to travelers including beaches, exercise trails, and even an exciting amusement park. It became an official settlement in 1657 and was then called the “Garden by the Sea” by the local villagers.
Since there is a wide assortment of attractions in Old Orchard, travelers will enjoy the following activities that are available:
1. The Old Orchard Beach is a beach that offers guests a place to swim, relax, or play in the sand.
2. There are plenty of local fishermen who will be happy to provide an exciting deep sea fishing adventure beginning at the local Pier.
3. Baseball lovers will enjoy the Ball Park, which opened in 1984, and provides the sports enthusiasts with some great minor league baseball thrills and exciting games for all ages.
4. The Pier offers a variety of places for shopping and dining pleasures.
5. The Palace Playland is an amusement park featuring roller coasters, water rides, train rides, and a variety of other freakshow and carnival attractions.
6. Numerous festivals during the year include the Lobster Dip, the Beerfest, numerous weekend concerts, the annual Greek Heritage Festival, the National Baseball Tournament, and much more to delight guests.
Old Orchard, Maine, has a great variety of indoor and outdoor activities that visitors will find a lot of fun for either an exciting or relaxing vacation.