One of the most beautiful and interesting historic cities is Baltimore, Maryland that was founded in 1706 and well known as a great port, in addition to its tobacco trade and sugar production. This city was very prominent during the American Revolutionary War and was the site of one of the most important battles in the War of 1812. Located where the Patapsco River empties into the Chesapeake Bay, it has a beautiful view of the bay and the Atlantic.
There are so many things to do in Baltimore that visitors will enjoy coming back again and again, and has the following activities:
• The Inner Harbor is one of the best places to spend a day, shopping, dining, and enjoying the various museums and attractions.
• Be sure to take a tour of the USS Constellation, one of the oldest historic ships and is docked at the Baltimore harbor, and learn about her amazing history.
• The National Aquarium is known as one of the best aquariums in the nation, with over 16000 creatures and some amazing settings, it’s a fantastic place to spend a day.
• There are a variety of museums in the surrounding area including the Railroad Museum, the Museum of Art, and many more.
• Sea lovers will enjoy boating adventures as much as fisherman will enjoy fishing in the magnificent waters.
Baltimore is a great place to spend a vacation or many long weekends because there is so much to see and do here.