One of the most beautiful parks in Delaware is the Cape Henlopen State Park that sits on just under 5200 acres. It was part of the first public lands established in 1682, and is known for its beautiful trails and great fishing. There are some great features to this state park that is situated just five miles from Lewes along a beautiful shoreline.
For those who enjoy the outdoors, the Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware is a great place to visit, and provides some of the following activities:
• With several miles of beautiful beaches, this is a great place for relaxing on the beach, swimming, searching for sea shells.
• Fishermen will enjoy fishing from the one-quarter mile pier or going on into the waters along the shore and surf fishing.
• Campers and RVers will enjoy the camp and RV ground that have areas designated for campers, trailers and include water hookups, and picnic grounds.
• There are some excellent nature trails that visitors can take and even guides are available for some of the Trails, such as the American Discover Trail.
• The Seaside Nature Center is a lovely museum depicting ocean life native to the area.
• For the sportsmen in the group, there are tennis and basketball courts, and great 18 hold golf course, and hockey and softball fields.
When visitors come to the Cape Henlopen State Park, they will experience a variety of activities in this beautiful state park that everyone will enjoy.