Coming Soon...Another one of the great historic towns in Maryland
is Salisbury, and is situated on the eastern shores, that was founded in 1732. This lovely town sits along the side of the Wicomico River that is a great waterway that flows into the Chesapeake Bay. This is a great little town to spend a long weekend or attend one of its many celebrations or festivals throughout the year.
Some of the interesting places to visit in Salisbury, include the following:
• The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art was built in 1968 and has some great exhibits of paintings and sculptures and wildfowl carvings and artwork.
• For people who enjoy museums and history, the Chipman Cultural Center is one of the historical landmarks in the town that is an African American church that dates back to 1837, and now houses the cultural center and museum on African American history of the area.
• Just about everyone enjoys going to the zoo; and the Salisbury Zoological Park has a variety of animals including buffalo, tigers, bears, bobcats, llama, water fowls and various other great animal exhibits.
• Baseball lovers will enjoy going to the Arthur Perdue Stadium for a great game of baseball that seats 5200 guests and is great for a night out at the ballgame.
• There’s also some great shopping and places to dine in this great town.
Visitors to Salisbury will have plenty of entertainment to choose from, and it’s a great place for a weekend getaway.
There are no Salisbury articles at this time. Salisbury Overview
There are no Best of Salisbury, Maryland pictures at this time.