Just think of taking a lovely stroll around a beautiful trail in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, and the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens come to mind. This site contains a series of beautifully decorated grounds and buildings that had its beginnings in 1893. The gardens were a gift from Henry Phipps to Pittsburg with the intent to provide formal gardens containing interesting and beautiful plants that are not native to this area. The conservatory houses the most elaborate gardens in the area and is beautifully constructed with intricate metalwork and glass but in a Victorian greenhouse style.
Take a look at some of the great attractions at the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, such as:
- A trip down the Amazon River is not a typical vision in central Pennsylvania, but this is exactly what guests will find in the Headwaters of the Amazon exhibit with some of the most exotic plants and facts about amazing cultures of the region.
- Another fascinating area is the Café Phipps that hosts Fridays in the Forest with delectable candlelight dinners amidst a spectacular setting.
- The Orchid and Tropical Bonsai show contain brilliantly colored orchids and an incredible bonsai assortment.
- Take about 90 minutes and tour the amazing Conservatory with their amazing indoor gardens and fascinating plants.
- Tropical Sundays are providing a live steel drum performance and fruit tasting.
The Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is a relaxing, beautiful, and an interesting place for the family to spend a day and relax.