A couple of hours south of Nashville is the lovely town of Manchester, Tennessee
. Located in a beautiful part of the state, visitors will find plenty of outdoor activities and historical areas that will please and delight everyone. Once the home of various Native Americans, this area provided them with opportunities for fishing and hunting, and a climate that was relatively comfortable throughout the year, making this a great place to live or visit.
Travelers to Manchester will have a variety of activities in which to participate, including:
1. There are some beautiful parks throughout the area for hiking, biking, walking, and picnicking in a natural environment.
2. One of the oldest structures on the continent is the prehistoric Old Stone Fort that was believed to have been built somewhere between 80A.D. and is part of the State Archaeological Park.
3. Photographers will love the opportunity that Big Falls Duck River provides for photographic prospects, and the waterfall is truly gorgeous.
4. Music lovers will want to attend the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
, annually held in June, and featuring a wide variety of gospel, country, jazz, reggae, bluegrass, and other musical attractions.
5. Wine lovers will enjoy a tour, and sampling, or the Beans Creek Winery featuring an excellent selection of their best wines.
6. The Old Timer’s Day is an annual event with dancing, music, and plenty of family oriented activities and great food.
There are many things to do in Manchester, Tennessee that people of all ages will enjoy both indoors and outdoors.