Because of the famous film festival, the French Riviera, and the mountains Cannes, Provence Alpes et Cote d’Azur is a region that is well-known worldwide as one of the most popular tourist destinations in France. With so much to see in this area, and more entertainment than could be imagined, it’s no wonder that thousands of people flock to this area every year.
For the area of Cannes, a smidgeon of local activities and places to see include:
- The historical significance of this area dates back over 2200 years ago, and the museums have a complete repertoire of culture ensuing from prehistoric times, and the Musee d’Art et d’Histoire de Provence, Musee de la Castre, are some of the most popular Museums.
- The Île Saint-Honorat is one of the oldest monasteries in the area dating back to 410AD, and the wines they produce are said to be superb.
- The Cannes film Festival is one of the most celebrated festivals in the world, and is celebrated each year in May.
- With over 7½ miles of beaches to sun bathe, swim, or just enjoy one of the wonderful coffee shops or restaurants along the way, it’s a great place to spend time relaxing and enjoying friends.
- The marina provides a great place to rent a sail boat for the day or just enjoy an afternoon on a boat.
Cannes, is an incredible area with a wide array of entertainment and activities.