The Canadian Rocky Mountain area is home to Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada which contains one of the most culturally interesting villages in Canada, and is surrounded by the taiga, one of the most amazing boreal forests in the world. It is located between the Clearwater and Athabasca Rivers.
With astounding scenery, and plenty of interesting things to do, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada has a lot of exciting things to keep the visitor busy.
1. Ft. McMurry has a Historical Recourse Center that contains a number of historic building, two railroad cars, the assortment of arts, crafts, and textiles prevalent during the early 1900’s. There are several very popular displays that provide a tribute to the industry of this area including fur traders, loggers, fishermen, rivermen, and bus pilots.
2. The Walter and Gladys Hill home exhibits objet d'art dated circa 1930 that depict life during this time.
3. Photographers will have the most abundant supply of scenery and wildlife to photograph, and will be rewarded with amazing pictures.
4. For the outdoorsy folks, there are great hiking, horseback riding, and biking trails nearby and participants will enjoy some spectacular scenery during their trip.
5. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy fly fishing and golfing in this area as well as canoeing and kayaking.
6. The winter season provides a great location for skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, tobogganing, and many other exciting winter activities.
One of the best places for a vacation that offers spectacular scenery, an interesting cultural village, and some great activities is Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada.