Complete with some of the most stunning and diverse scenery in the world, the Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia is situated near the panhandle of Alaska, and was home to the Haida. The Haida inhabited this area for many thousands of years before it was settled, and their legend states that this is the actual location where time actually began and was given the name “Islands at the Boundary of the World”.
Visiting the Queen Charlotte Islands can provide the guest one of the most scenic and amazing places on earth to visit, with some very interesting activities, including:
1. Fishing is abundant here and the fisherman will have access to some of the most challenging and rewarding fly fishing available.
2. With some of the most intriguing scenery on the planet, travelers who love hiking and backpacking will find this a place in which they will want to return many times.
3. With the fjords and Pacific nearby, whale watching is a particularly impressive activity – particular during the summer months when the great Humpback whales are breeching and feeding in the bay.
4. There are many boating activities for guests who enjoy kayaking and canoeing, and such great fjords to see from these small boats.
5. For travelers preferring to stay in their RV or tent, several campgrounds and RV parks in the area can accommodate these guests.
One of the most unique places to visit in the world is Queen Charlotte Islands providing lots of fun activities.