One of the most beautiful resort towns anywhere is Whistler
, British Columbia
located in the spectacular southern coastal Pacific Mountain Ranges. With glaciers on both sides, the Green River, and some of the most distinct scenery anywhere in the world, this is an incredible place to spend a vacation or holiday.
When visitors to Whistler arrive, there are so many activities from which to choose, that it will take the entire vacation to do everything there is to do. Activities include:
1. Hosting the Winter Olympics in 2010, most people in the world now know how incredible the skiing is in this area, both downhill and cross-country trails are abundant and range from novice to the ever-challenging double black diamond runs.
2. One of the popular foragers in this area is the black bears; they are particularly fond of feeding nearby and inhabitants and bears have learned to tolerate each other’s habits. The bears are particularly adept at opening doors and gates when they are searching for food.
3. Shopping and dining in the Whistler Village is quite popular among many guest seeking souvenirs to take home to family and friends.
4. There are many festivals throughout the year, such as Oktoberfest, Cornucopia which is the wine festival, and the Weetama which celebrates the indigenous Aboriginal people.
5. In the summer months, golf, horseback riding, and hiking are popular activities.
As seen from the 2010 Olympics, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada has an abundance of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
There are no Whistler articles at this time. Whistler Overview
There are no Whistler y Guide pictures at this time.