Known as part of the “Battlefords”, North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada has an outdoor playground as large as all outdoors. With so many outdoor activities, tourists who love the outdoors will completely enjoy this historical and beautiful area – there’s plenty of entertainment, great dining, lots of unique shopping prospects, and even a few indoor recreational offerings to keep visitors busy.
North Battleford is considered to be a playground that is available all the year, for such pleasures as:
1. With this great outdoor area, the winter will easily accommodate both downhill and cross country skiers, as well as those who enjoy sledding, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ice skating, or tobogganing.
2. Birdwatcher will enjoy this area for the abundance of their feathered avian friends – it’s quite a popular area for this activity; visitors should also see the World Biosphere Reserve here.
3. There are several Museums and Historic sites where visitors can learn about the original Aboriginal people, including favorite Chief Poundmaker Historical Center.
4. Gamblers will enjoy playing poker, roulette, slot machines, or a variety of other games of chance at the Gold Eagle Casino.
5. Dining at the Pennydale Junction is a unique experience in the center of the historic area.
6. The Wildlife Federation Nature Center highlights the plants and animals that are found in this amazing area.
7. Just maybe someday the mystery of the Crooked Forest will be solved – take a guess at it.
With so much to see and do around North Battleford visitors will have many to select.