It's not mystical because it's in Mystic, Connecticut, but the Mystic Aquarium Institute for Explanation is an amazing and incredible animal exhibit and aquarium. The whole family can enjoy everything from Angel fish, to Jellyfish, to Penguins and Whales. This is a great educational center for the entire family to learn about these great animals and the world in which they live. This is rated as one of the best aquariums in the country.
There are some fantastic activities and things to see in this Mystic Aquarium, which includes:
- Everyone loves the little guys in the tuxedos – the Penguins – with more than 20 of these adorable penguins from Africa with both underwater and above water viewing.
- Visit the amazing Beluga whale habitat on one acre complete with glacial stream, rugged rocks, and evergreens. View below through a large underwater window or above from a rocky outcropping.
- Very few animals are more playful and adorable than the seals and sea lions. Watch them as they play and frolic together in their beautiful habitat.
- Encounter sharks, stingrays, moray eels, turtles, a spectacular coral reef, and more fish than can be imagined in the various aquariums and tanks around the institute.
- Of course the Marine Theater Show is a 30 minute show that entertains everyone with the acts of the sea lions, seals, and it's a great way to relax and watch a fantastic show.
When in Connecticut, make sure to spend a day at the Mystic Aquarium.