Located along the Kennebunkport River, the wonderful town of Kennebunkport, Maine, is a delightful place to spend a holiday or vacation. The town came to fame as a fishing village and is noted for a number of shipbuilders, in addition to being a popular tourist destination. With plenty of outdoor activities, shopping, fine dining, and other attractions, this town is the summer home of several prominent families.
There is an assortment of activities available to travelers to Kennebunkport, which include the following:
1. Dock Square is the center of the town and well-liked for finding just the right souvenir to bring back to family and friends, in addition to some excellent restaurants that supple the most popular Maine Lobster.
2. With a variety of water activities such as whale watching, boating, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing, visitors can find plenty to keep them having fun during their visit to the area.
3. One of the most popular attractions is the Blowing Cave, where tourists will see the seawater shooting high in the air during high tides when the waves roll in.
4. Goose Rocks Beach is a beautiful beach for swimming, relaxing, or just enjoying the sun.
5. Built in 1933, another interesting landmark is the Goat Island Lighthouse
6. Golfers will find several challenging golf courses in the area.
7. Photographers will find some excellent sources for their photographic pleasures along the coastline of this incredible area.
Kennebunkport is one of the most beautiful areas along the Maine coastline where travelers will find fun activities and interesting landmarks.