Cheers was a sitcom that was extremely popular television show that was based on the Cheers Boston Pub was the downtown Boston bar on which the show was based that ran from the early 80s to the early 90s. The cast of characters included Sam Malone, Diane Chambers, Rebecca Howe, Coach, and Carla Tortelli, and the comedy revolved around the situations and fiascos that revolved around and their lives. The original pub was located on Beacon Street and another one has been added at Faneuil Hall at the Quincy Market. Both have an assortment of great food and drinks and some wonderful memorabilia from the show.
Some of the things that are available at both the Cheers Boston Pub sites include the following:
• This one of the great places for a burger in Boston, and it's famous for its Norm Burger, and a great selection of other foods and drinks.
• A variety of entertainment is available on a weekly basis, which has includes comedy, karaoke, and a variety of performers, and musicians.
• The Comedy club is a host for many performers throughout the year, be sure to check the calendar for the performances that are held at that time.
• There is a Gift Shop at both places that include Cheers collectibles including clothing, toys, hats, glasses, and gift certificates.
• Private events for class reunions, birthday, and anniversary parties are available.
The Cheers Boston Pub is a great place to go where 'everybody knows your name'!