Located in North Carolina, Statesville occupies 20.5 square miles and is home to two of the most unique festivals – the CrossRoads Pumpkin Fest and Carolina Balloon Fest. The town serves as a gateway destination to North Carolina Mountains, Yadkin Valley and Swan Creek Wine Regions.
Some of the tourist attractions are:
• Allison Woods, which features original buildings from 1760s and ornamental gardens that are spread over 3,000 acres.
• Darshana Hall Plantation, comprised of two houses, has three families who are living there for more than four centuries.
• Daveste’ Vineyards plants some of the finest vines and there is a tasting room that is open for general public.
• Statesville boasts quite a number of parks like the Grace Park, Watts Park, Lakewood Park and Anderson Park. The State also boasts of water reservoirs like the Brookdale, Woods Drive and Hatfield Association Lake.
• The City is endowed with a number of attraction sites to woo visitors and some of them include Children’s Museum of Iredell County, Fort Dobbs Historic Site, Family Beach Bingo, Iredell Museum of Arts and The Clichy Inn.
• Fort Dobbs State Historic Site located near Blue Ridge Mountains reminds of the 1754-63 French and Indian War.
• Hiddenite Centre is a quaint township near Statesville where largest Emerald in USA weighing 1,686.3 karats was found.
• At Howard’s Farm you can pick your own strawberries from May-June and sweet corn in July.
A number of hotels like the Hampton inn, Rookwood inn and some other suites that are affordable are available for business travelers.