Another very picturesque area in Northumberland County is the little town of Elysburg, Pennsylvania. This is one of the most historical areas in Pennsylvania and the entire area has an intriguing history, from Valley Forge to the Gettysburg battlefield, and Washington’s Crossing the Delaware, this area is rich in American History.
In additional to the historical contribution of Elysburg, there are also a number of fun things for the entire family to do, such as:
- Nearby is the historic Valley Forge area where George Washington’s troops were bivouacked during the American Revolution. There are a number of historic reenactments throughout the year here.
- Another nearby historic area is Gettysburg, where an incredible battle occurred during the American Civil War and President Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address; numerous reenactments are held here as well.
- The Knoebels Amusement Resort is a great amusement park with various roller coasters, assortment of rides, shows, and food, plus it is a great place for the family to spend the day.
- The Amish Farm and House is just a few miles down the road, and guests can learn about the Amish way of life and see the farm equipment, animals, and the original house that was built in 1805.
- The American Music Theater has a great selection of plays throughout the year and an excellent Christmas show.
When travelers are touring the historic areas of Pennsylvania, Elysburg is one where everyone should stop, learn some history, and have some fun.