For travels wandering their way through Pennsylvania, another great place to stop is the Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg. This is a family owned amusement park that started in 1926 and has grown to more than 57 rides that include roller coasters, a carousel, and some other great features that will delight families from all over the country. Originally it was popular for horse-drawn hayrides, and later ice cream, soda, and snacks were added in addition to other rides.
There are a variety of activities at this great Knoebels Amusement Resort that all members of the family will enjoy, such as:
- The Twists, Kozmos Kurves, and the Phoenix and three great roller coasters, and the Phoenix was one of the first large wood roller coasters that were very popular.
- Most families enjoy trains and this park has two; one miniature steam locomotive and one gas locomotive, both great fun for everyone,
- There are two carousels in the park, and the Grande Carousel was built around 1912 and contains 53 magnificent hand-carved horses.
- Many people enjoy the water rides, and the Sklooosh is one of the most popular water rides in the park.
- There are a number of restaurants and food courts throughout the park that have won numerous awards from various associations who judge amusement park foods.
- There are also plenty of shops for souvenirs and photographs.
The Knoebels Amusement Resort is one of those excellent amusement parks for the entire family to enjoy.