Calling all children whose parents are dragging them to New England! The Providence Children's Museum is a really fun place to go while in Rhode Island. Learning about the history of the American Revolution, and visiting various mansions and museums is very interesting, but sometime there needs to be a break for some fun, and this is the place to see some great exhibits and participate in some exciting activities.
Since there are various events and activities throughout the year at this Providence Children's Museum, be sure to check the calendar for what's happening, such as:
- One of the most popular storytellers and singer of children's songs is Keith Munslow, who will provide an exciting performance with some great music.
- Another really fun activity that continues off and on during the year is a puppet play where the kids get to design and built puppets from a large collection of eclectic materials.
- For 'kids' of any age, Julie Collier will show her magnificent birds of pretty that include a red tailed hawk, an eagle, a falcon, and various other of her avian friends that she has rehabilitated.
- Everyone in the family will enjoy Chris Yerlig and the comedy of his pantomimes, along with his magic and balloon animals.
- Enjoy the Water Ways, the Children's Garden, and shopping in the gift shop to round out the fun.
The Providence Children's Museum is a great place for the family to spend the day and have some fun.