Tennessee is certainly home to country music and the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is no exception. This is a four to five day festival that has been held on a 700 acre farm near Manchester, Tennessee since 2002. This festival features an amazing array of live music that includes country, bluegrass, folk, gospel, jazz, and many more varieties that musicians and visitors alike enjoy.
This very popular Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival has numerous activities that various members of the family can enjoy, including:
1. There are numerous stages set up around the 700 acres for the musicians and the various singers to perform.
2. Since the venue is a farm, there are several campground and RV facilities set up for travelers who want to stay on the property during the festival.
3. A silent auction is held with articles donated from local resident and many of the performers. Proceeds form the auction goes to a variety of charities.
4. The Bonnaroo Cinema provides an air-conditioned tent that shows a number of documentaries, classic movies, comedies, and various sporting events.
5. The Academy is contained in Planet Roo and provides visitors with workshops they can participate in, which include art, theatre, various styles of dancing, gardening, and a variety of environmental topics.
6. Kidz Jam provides special activities for children where they can play with interactive games and sports.
The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is a lot of fun for the whole family, where they can camp and enjoy a wide variety of music.