Dolly Parton is an American icon, and her theme park, Dollywood in eastern Tennessee, is about 35 miles from Knoxville at the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountain. There is so much to do that it will take some planning to decide what to do each day. With affordable vacation packages, seasonal passes, group rates, and day passes, there is a great package for everyone.
Dollywood is a theme park that has an amazing variety of activities that family members of all ages will enjoy, including:
1. The Amusement Park has a wide assortment of rides including some breathtaking roller coasters, adventurous water rides, kiddie rides, and many more.
2. Adventure Mountain, which opens in 2010 is a two-acre multi-level area that contains over 100 challenging obstacles for the adventurous travelers to navigate, such as suspension bridges, flying islands, swinging beams, and so much more.
3. Since Dolly Parton is a famous singer and entertainer, the park has a plethora of musical shows and entertainment, including Country Crossroads, Dolly's Family Reunion, Heartsong, Professor Seymour, and many others.
4. Performers from around the world perform in a variety of festivals and cultural events such as the National Gospel and Harvest Celebration, the Festival of Nations, Kidsfest, and many more.
5. There are numerous master craftsmen and artisans that continue their craft in centuries-old traditions, including the blacksmith, the gristmill, handmade wagons, blown glass, and more.
For families looking for a great vacation place, Dollywood is a great choice for an amazing family adventure.