Adventurers and nature lovers enjoy scenic Utah, and Canyonlands National Park is another of the great parks that is near the town of Moab towards the southeastern portion of Utah. With it's abundance of mesas, buttes, and canyons along the Colorado River, this land is a wonderful and miraculous place to visit. It is a spectacular area, covering 527 square miles of incredible lookouts, the magnificent Colorado River, and much more; this beautiful park must be added to the destinations list.
There is an abundance of activities to do in the Canyonlands National Park, which includes the following:
1. The multicolored canyons, buttes, and mesas boast some of the most incredible scenery of any place – photographers will be absolutely delighted, and travelers will be in awe of its breathtaking beauty.
2. For the adventurous-minded travelers, there are some incredible trails for hiking and backpacking, four-wheeling, and bicycling.
3. Water lovers will enjoy swimming and boating in the Colorado; such activities as water skiing, rafting, motor boating, jet skiing, and sailing are just some of the popular activities.
4. Fishermen will enjoy fishing for the abundant trout and bass in the Colorado river.
5. Be sure to see the Horseshoe Canyon, Cataract Canyon, the Needles, and the Island in the Sky scenic areas.
6. Nature lovers will enjoy the abundant wild life including coyote, fox, antelope, and the avian lovers will find great pleasure in the nesting eagles and birdlife.
Certainly, the Canyonlands National Park is a great place in southeastern Utah to spend a great vacation.