On the Northeastern coast of Patagonia
, lays one of the most beautiful places in the world called the Valdez Peninsula and in 1999 it was listed by UNESCO as one of the World Heritage Sites. It is relatively close to Puerto Madryn, and for those who truly want to get away from it all, this is the ideal spot.
Nature lovers will absolutely love some of the things to see and do in this remarkable Valdez Peninsula include:
• For whale loves, this is one of the best (of the very limited places) to get a good viewing of the Southern Right Whales, as well as Orcas, between May and December. Make sure to have cameras ready and look for their babies during this time as well.
• Sea Lions, Elephant Seals, and Fur Seals are also abundant in Golfo Nuevo and Golfo San José.
• Bird watchers will thoroughly enjoy this area because it populated with Magellanic Penguins – they are fascinating to watch their antics, and there are around 181 other bird species found on this peninsula.
• In addition to the aviary friends, this peninsula is also populated with Guanacos and Maras.
• For sports lover, there is the local basketball team that plays in Puerto Madryn, and of course the Rugby and Soccer teams are also very popular.
For tourists who want a real get away, the Valdez Peninsula is one of the most scenic of all spots in Argentina. It's populated with abundant flora and fauna – great for a getaway vacation.