Biltmore estate is a beautiful place created by George Vanderbilt. It is situated over 8,000 acres of land in the mountains of Ashville in North Carolina. This place is basically an escape from everyday life and it promises lots of fun and frolic. The breathtaking Biltmore house and gardens features many attractions. Some of them are listed here:
• The equestrian centre comprises the same paths that the Vanderbilts used so many years ago. There are well marked trails through beautiful forests and green meadows and along the French Broad River where visitors can go on horseback. Visitors are allowed to bring their own horses.
• Biking on the many acres of biking trails is another attraction. There are well marked woodland trails and paved trails to suit all visitors. The breathtaking grounds of the estate beckon the visitors who can bring their own bikes or even rent bikes.
• There are 22 miles of hiking trails on which visitors can stroll through lush green forests and open meadows and along the riverbank.
• The French Broad River gently winds its way through the estate. Kayaks and rafts are provided for a memorable trip down the river.
• The Antler Hill village connects the estate's present and past. It has dining, shopping, and historical exhibits. The village also boasts of the Biltmore winery where visitors can learn the art and science of making wine.