The Chillon Castle is a Swiss castle of medieval origin located on Lake Geneva's shores. It is oblong in shape, with dimensions of 110 m long by 50 m wide and a maximum height of 25 m. It was an important defensive building since the Bronze Age, which the Romans later fortified. Chillon Castle was successively occupied by the House of Savoy and later by the Bernese from 1536 to 1798. The oldest part of the building is in the Gothic style, built in the 13th century; its rooms inspired the English poet Lord Byron. It is listed as a historical monument of Switzerland.
Today, the Château de Chillon is a popular tourist attraction in Switzerland and Europe.