Montreal is the Cultural Capital of Quebec as well as the main entry point to the Quebec Region. It is the second largest city in Canada and is said to be rich in both culture and history. It also boasts to be the third largest French speaking city with a population of 3.6 million people in it's metropolitan area.
Your first stop on your vacation travels would have to be old Montreal City. This city contains a wide array of historical buildings that date back the early 17-19th centuries, as well as several different museums. The Planetarium de Montréal is one of the great museums that present a number of activities and workshops all through the year.
Next you will wan to visit the site of the 1967 world's fair, Parc Jean-Drapeau. This beautiful spot is now filled with huge green spaces and a large concrete venue. This year for the first time the Virgin Festival will be celebrated in Montréal. Many award winning groups like Black-Eyed Peas and New Kids on the Block will be performing in front of thousands of music lovers at Parc Jean-Drapeau. Also it is home to the Montreal Grand Prix, an artificial beach, and Montreal Casinos among others.
After that you should check out the great Outdoor sports that Montreal has to offer. Montreal offers River Surfing, Kayaking, and Bike Riding. All of these outdoor sports will give you a great insight to the cultures and sites of the beautiful Montreal. There are numerous nightclubs over here that cater to the youngsters. What To See in Montreal
- Le Vieux Montréal (Old Montreal Historic Neighbourhood)
- Le Vieux Port de Montréal (Old Port)
- La Place Jacques-Cartier (Jacques-Cartier Plaza)
- Basilique Notre-Dame (Notre-Dame Basilica)
- L'Hôtel de Ville de Montréal (City Hall)
- Le Marché Bonsecour (Historical Market)
- Le Stade Olympique (Olympic Stadium)
- Oratoire Saint-Joseph (St.Joseph Oratory)
- Underground Montreal & Subway Transportation
- Le Mont Royal (Mount Royal)
- Musée des Beaux-Arts (Fine Arts Museum)
- Jardin Botanique (Botanical Gardens)
- And More.