As the capital of the state of Maryland
was originally founded in 1649 and was actually once the capital of the United States between 1783 and 1784. There are many things to do in this area with all the local history from the American Revolutionary war, the War of 1812, and the Civil war, this city has some very interesting history and some great activities in the area.
Some of the activities and places to see in the Annapolis area include the following:
• The United States Naval Academy is the second oldest services academy and has excellent tours of the grounds and a very interesting Visitors Center.
• There are a variety of museums in the area including the Annapolis Maritime Museum, the Banneker-Douglas Museum on the Old Mount Moriah African church site,
• Another great site is the National Historic District that has more than 1500 history buildings that have been restored and preserved.
• Boaters and fishermen will enjoy an outing of deep sea fishing or boating around the beautiful harbor and out into the Atlantic Ocean.
• There are plenty of interesting shops and restaurants along the Annapolis City Dock as well as places for fishing.
• There are some great parks and places for visitors to stroll and enjoy a picnic at a beautiful setting.
When visitors come to Annapolis, Maryland, there are some great places to see, excellent restaurants, interesting museums, great fishing, and plenty of things to enjoy around this history city.
There are no Annapolis articles at this time. Annapolis Overview
There are no Best of Annapolis, Maryland pictures at this time.