One of the most beautiful capitals in the U.S. is Annapolis, Maryland, and the Annapolis City Dock is a great place for visitors to spend some time and experience a variety of activities. This doc is at the center of the Historic District and it has a lot of the original buildings from the 1700's when the city started booming. Actually the skyline has changed little over the past 250 years, and it's a great place to visit.
Some of the activities that are available at the Annapolis City Dock include:
• The U. S. Naval Academy has stood proudly in this excellent historic district at the end of King George Street that has some excellent displays at the Visitor's Center including the Freedom 7 Space Capsule that was flown in 1961.
• For those who love the sea, there are a number of cruises available along the harbor and a variety of boats where between two and 250 people can tour the area.
• For the artist in the group, be sure to stop at Maryland Hall and enjoy the variety of dancers, artists, and musicians who perform on a regular basis.
• The history and architecture buffs will enjoy the Historic District with over 1500 buildings dating back to the 1700s.
• Shoppers will certainly enjoy the boutiques, small shops, souvenir stores, and are certain to find that perfect trinket to remember the trip.
The Annapolis City Dock has no shortage of interesting things for visitors to do.