For those who love the outdoors, White Mountain in the state of New Hampshire is one of the most relaxing places in New England. With magnificent mountains, spectacular foliage in the fall, wildlife, and some of the most picturesque scenes in the northeast, this area is a great place for a great vacation. The flowers in the spring, beautiful lakes, fall foliage, and a winter wonderland of snow makes this are one that is enjoyable for the entire family.
There are plenty of activities in White Mountain, including:
- The photographers will have a great time with the abundance of scenery, around the mountains, the waterfalls, and the lakes, plus the wonderful wildlife.
- For the train aficionados, the Conway Scenic Railroad provides some wonderful train rides through the Valley or the Crawford Notch that leaves from an authentic 1874 Victorian Depot.
- Nature lovers will be delighted with the Flume Gorge, and taking the spectacular 2 mile walk along an amazing chasm past waterfalls, ponds, and various covered bridges with the mountains to provide the background scenery.
- Enjoy an amazing trip on the Cannon Aerial Tramway over a 4200 ft height of the White Mountains providing some of the most amazing views ever observed.
- Attitash is a mountain coaster that is perfect for roller coaster enthusiast; enjoy the 2600' trip down the mountain around amazing curves and breathtaking dips.
When looking for a truly amazing vacation destination, consider the excitement and grandeur of White Mountain, New Hampshire.